Friday 3 January 2014

Needle felting on polystyrene/styrofoam

 I was searching online for inspiration for making more needle felt Christmas ornaments when I came across a tutorial for making these baubles.  They are covered styrofoam balls.  I was unaware that you could needle felt into this medium!  The tutorial for these baubles can be found here it is a lovely site with many ideas.






I had no sytrofoam ball's to hand, so found a piece of polystyrene that had come in the form of packaging and had a go at needle felting it.  As I was just having a practice to see how the two medium's worked together I did an abstract pattern.  In all honesty I was just doodling with wool! This was the result.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this. I am hoping to make some more styrofoam baubles. I made a Christmas pudding, simple but my first time using styrofoam so wanted something not too challenging.