Tuesday 16 February 2010

Ultimate Shabby Chic cushion cover :)




After crocheting so many items over the last few months I am starting to improve at it and bought a book to help along the way called 'Finishing Techniques for Crochet' by Pauline Turner published by C&B Crafts.

Again this project was inspired by an item spotted on ebay. I see these things and think I can do that, and being ever the optomist I try!

The colours for this project were carefully selected. Dusky pinks, greens and blues with an ivory coloured background. I first crocheted the nine granny squares and joined them together. I made the back by adding to the bottom of the crocheted squares and to the top to make the cushion all in one piece forming an envelope. Then joined them at the sides using single crochet. I then went around the whole edge of the pillow in single crochet and topped it with crab stitch to make the edging. The buttons on the reverse were vintage buttons I already had. I made this piece to sell, but now cant seem to bring myself to sell it lol

No comments: